CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 IS HERE!!! AND HAS GOALS TO GO ALONG WITH IT...

YAY we made it to 2009. Welcome everyone! I have thought about life and have come up with some "ongoing" goals to accomplish through the year.

- become a certified doula, which involves paying for my certificate, I have accomplished everything else the course requires.
- surround myself with people who are mature, true, kind, loyal and on the same life path as I am.
- be DRAMA free!! weed out the people who thrive on drama...
- focus more on my husband and children.
- lose weight, like 50 pounds worth of weight.
- workout everyday even if its for 15 minutes.
- continue seeing my internal medicine physician.
- make it a point to keep up with friends and family, which means go and see people more often or email them more often or even send a card every now and again and call them on the phone.
- eat right, I think I have done a good job so far, but you can always add a fruit or veggie to your day.
- travel more, whether its a week long trip, or a weekend away from home, get out more.
- become debt free! this will only fully happen when we get our house refinanced, the goal is to stay debt free.
- build Kayla's room in the basement, I know I have been saying this for a long time, but it needs to be done since she will be a teenager this year.
- have a date night with Jeremy once a month.
- have one on one time with each child, take them where they want to go for a day, do this once a month or every other month. I remember my dad doing this with my sisters and brother and I think its a great idea.
- stop worrying about things I have no control over.
- read more books, besides the ones I read for book club.
- treasure my true friendships.
- teach Brycen to ride his bike with no training wheels.
- buy Emma a bike with training wheels.
- get braces for Kayla, and get her into dance classes.
- start homeschooling Hannah since she is so smart and can't go to pre-school until she is 3.
- stay on a good budget, so we may have money to do the things we want.
- make amends if necessary.
- stay true to myself, stay strong, keep my head up, shoulders back and be confident with who I am and what I want to stand for in life. Stay centered and grounded and keep on believing in myself. I love who I have become! (Thanks Shell for all your encouragement and kind words)

I hope in 2009 everyone takes a little more time for themselves, especially the mothers out there, we need it and deserve it. I wish everyone a healthy, wealthy and loving 2009. May all of your hopes and dreams come true!!

2 comments:

Semalee said...

Great post Mel, and I hope you accomplish it all! (Especially the travel part~!)

princesst92703 said...

I like the date night idea :)