CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

KITCHEN REMODEL!!!!

OH MY GOSH!!! Or as Kayla would say O-M-G. Remodeling a kitchen is hard work, even if you have someone install it. You need patience, more patience and alot more patience... Living in the same house with four children, two dogs and a husband is a task, but when you take the most centrally located room, and put it under construction the chaos begins... I knew it was going to be hard, I tried to prepare myself for it, but honestly, who can really prepare for this big of an event? Living out of our microwave and fridge is difficult. We had the microwave on top of the fridge and the toaster up there and the coffee pot as well.. YEAH not a good idea, we tripped the breaker!!! many many times, we tripped the breaker.. we had to move the microwave out to the back porch area (where we hang our coats and backpacks), the coffee pot went back there as well. We plugged the toaster in as we used it. O-M-G...

If you know me you know I like a schedule.. I plan everything, hardly ever spur of the moment stuff. I'm trying to get better at that. I just feel comfortable and in control when I have things layed out in front of me... I guess with four kids you have to at times. Well I had to throw my schedule out the window, I had to put forth my "fly by the seat of your pants, moment to moment" attitude. It has been difficult. I tried to keep things clean as the days went on, I found I was dusting everything, everyday and wondering how the hell everything got so dirty. It was people walking in and out of the house constantly, bringing things in, cutting wood, blah blah blah. So finally I just stopped trying to keep up with the cleaning. The cabinets were installed on Wednesday, Countertops were installed a week later, and appliances delivered this past Friday, leaving us to put it all together. We managed to get that accomplished (it took all weekend). As of today we have a working kitchen. I have no energy left to get the crown molding up and the floor down and all the touch ups done.. I was shooting for getting things accomplished by Hannah's birthday party which will be on Halloween night. I don't think that will happen, there is just so much to do in such a little time. Does that make it okay for me to feel bad about that? To invite people over to a house that's not all the way done? I hope not... If they truly love me then they will love everything that comes with me right? RIGHT!!!
Here are a few pictures of the before, during and AFTER.... Glad to say that we have a kitchen that works... YAY US!!!!!







To the left is the bar area, need to get bar stools for the kids


Below is the finished product...


The pictures below are the colors I chose, brown and toffee colors...

Above is Emma helping with the plywood walls
To the right, all the cabinets in their boxes...


Below is what our kitchen looked like before the chaos began...
















OUR NEXT BIG PROJECT... THE BASEMENT!!!! STAY TUNED...









2 comments:

princesst92703 said...

yay for it being done...well almost lol. can't wait to see it

Semalee said...

Looks Great!